- DehydraTECH(TM)-enabled drugs and product formats improve the speed of onset, increase bioavailability, increase brain absorption, enhance drug potency, reduce drug administration costs, and mask unwanted tastes, shown effective with a growing number of medical applications
- Current DehydraTECH studies (animal and human) include hypertension, dementia, oral nicotine, epilepsy, and diabetes
- Most recently, Lexaria’s DehydraTECH-CBD studies for hypertension have produced positive results, and the company is seeking IND status with the FDA
Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator in drug delivery platforms, has developed a disruptive drug delivery technology with multiple opportunities for success in cannabinoids, oral nicotine and other active pharmaceutical ingredients (“APIs”). Lexaria’s patented DehydraTECH(TM) technology is a formulation and dehydration processing procedure that changes how the body detects and absorbs drugs. The company currently has 28 granted patents, with many more pending patents in countries worldwide.
Lexaria specifically designed DehydraTECH for formulating and delivering topical or oral lipophilic (fat-soluble) drugs and APIs to increase effectiveness and improve how they enter the bloodstream. The major benefits of a DehydraTECH-enabled drug or consumer product include the following:
- Faster delivery time – the effects of the product are felt by the subject in minutes
- Increased bioavailability – the technology is more effective at delivering a drug or product into the bloodstream
- Increased brain absorption –testing suggests significant improvement in the quantity of the drug or product delivered across the blood-brain barrier
- Improved drug potency – more of the drug or product is made available in the body, requiring lower dosages for the desired outcome
- Reduced drug administration costs – lower dosages mean lower overall drug costs
- Improved taste – the technology eliminates the necessity for sweeteners to eliminate or reduce unwanted taste
One of Lexaria’s studies is cannabidiol (“CBD”) for hypertension, which has produced positive results for the company to seek Investigational New Drug (“IND”) status with the United States Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”). The company has completed a pre-IND meeting and intends to file for IND status in 2023. Lexaria’s first and subsequent DehydraTECH-CBD human studies have shown superior human blood absorption levels and demonstrated a potential novel mechanism of action in reducing blood pressure. More information on Lexaria’s current studies can be found on the company’s fact sheet (https://ir.lexariabioscience.com/presentations).
The global non-prescription CBD market was valued at $4.9 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach $47.22 billion in 2028, growing at a CAGR of 21.3% (https://cnw.fm/Iqpis). There has also been increased product acceptance and use due to FDA approval of one type of CBD. CBD is being studied in a variety of medical applications worldwide, including anxiety and depression treatment, stress reduction, diabetes prevention, pain relief, cancer symptom relief, and inflammation relief. Lexaria is currently exploring DehydraTECH-CBD-enabled formulations for hypertension, epilepsy, diabetes and dementia indications.
Since 2016, Lexaria’s DehydraTECH has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to increase bio-absorption, reduce onset time from hours to just minutes, and mask unwanted tastes. The company intends to further evaluate the technology for other oral and topical use potential in cannabinoids, oral nicotine and other APIs.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://cnw.fm/LEXX
CannabisNewsWire (CNW) is an information service that provides (1) access to our news aggregation and syndication servers, (2) CannabisNewsBreaks that summarize corporate news and information, (3) enhanced press release services, (4) social media distribution and optimization services, and (5) a full array of corporate communication solutions. As a multifaceted financial news and content distribution company with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. CNW has an ever-growing distribution network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets across the country. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts, text CANNABIS to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information please visit https://www.cannabisnewswire.com
Do you have questions or are you interested in working with CNW? Ask our Editor
CannabisNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.